Thursday, February 27, 2014

New Work!

I have been trying to spend as much time in the studio as possible.  (Does that explain the lack of blog posts? It should.)

I have week or two until Adam is back at work and I no longer have the luxury of spending long day time hours at the studio.  I feel like I am constantly behind.  The list of things I want to make never getting shorter...  but a few nights ago I trudged through the snow carrying a backpack with a tripod and a camera and a giant box of mugs and bowls.  I had attempted to drive down the road to The Clay Studio of Missoula and promptly got stuck.  After a few tried I got unstuck and I parked on a main road that was getting plowed and walked.  My arms ached by the time I got inside.

First learning how to use the wonderful camera I borrowed and then moving one piece at a time through three small boxes of new work. I snapped pictures for hours.


By the time I was done, there were eight additional powdery inches of snow on the ground and I left my car sitting where it was and chose to accept a ride home in a vehicle with four wheel drive instead. 
I figured it was better to get home and leave the car than be stuck somewhere in the car at one in the morning...  Who was I going to call?  

Looking at all the pictures it dawns on me:  I have gotten a lot of pieces done - and that is encouraging. It gives me a little push to go and push for few more hours.. a few more days...  and make the most of the time I have. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Time in Lists

Every morning I make a list of three things that made me happy the day before. A practice I started when life became crazy - and that was a ...