Tuesday, July 16, 2013

We are home.

Finally.




Our trip home took longer than we could have ever imagined. We were supposed to arrive Thursday.  We drove into Missoula Sunday evening.  Monday it was back to work and there was not a moment to settle in.

Until today.

Today I weeded the garden (or a part of the garden to be exact), admired the fat heads of broccoli, the tiny green tomatoes and marveled at the runner beans that in the past two weeks have almost grown to the top of our porch roof.


I rode my bike around town, kids in tow.  We sat in the shade of  trees and watched kids play in the splash park.  I picked lettuce, chard, kale, whisked up a salad and cooked our first dinner in the aftermath of our amazing adventure in Oklahoma.  Bread baked in the oven while I cleaned the kitchen and the kids played with Legos while listening to the Incredibles.  I even managed to unpack the suitcases.




Today it feels real.

We are home.


1 comment:

  1. The garden looks awesome.
    It was great fun having your here. Your kids are so fun and imaginative. I really enjoyed getting to know Sylvan. I'm going to try the naan bread and shrimp very soon.
    Can't wait for the next visit. But, I hope the return trip isn't so exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Time in Lists

Every morning I make a list of three things that made me happy the day before. A practice I started when life became crazy - and that was a ...