Monday, July 29, 2013

Colors of Summer

The colors of summer are breathtaking. 


The the almost black cherries staining our fingers and faces a bright red.

We reach, stretch and pluck hand fulls of cherries and drop them into our baskets. 

 


We eat our fill of cherries in the dappled summer sun.


The sun is high overhead.
We are hot and hungry and tired.
The boxes of cherries are lined up in the shade of the garage.
Seventy pounds of summer are coming home with us.

We follow the dusty dirt road to the edge of the lake and jump into emerald blue.

1 comment:

  1. This is GREAT! I love picking cherries! And canning cherries. I just love cherries! Sweet AND sour!
    Mom/Omama

    ReplyDelete

Time in Lists

Every morning I make a list of three things that made me happy the day before. A practice I started when life became crazy - and that was a ...