Thursday, May 9, 2013

R is for Radish

L is for Leek
S is for Strawberries 

I spent the early morning hours painting. 

I started the project when Ivory was about 6 months old. By started I mean that I purchased a set of wooden letters and a box to store them in.  I had enough foresight to include enough letters to spell Mama, Papa and Sylvan.  I knew then that if our future included a little boy, he would be named Sylvan.  Since then I have managed to sand all the letters and paint a few.
Each letter features a fruit, vegetable or herb that starts with that sound.  


I hope to finish painting all the letters before Ivory learns to read... and that is a skill she could master at any moment.

C is for Carrot
E is for Eggplant
D is for Dandelion


4 comments:

  1. THESE ARE GORGEOUS!!!
    Mom/Omama

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are beautiful!
      I expect you're right. You should hurry this project up.

      Delete
  3. I have ten done... many more to go. I am having trouble coming up with fruits or vegetables starting with some of the letters. U, V, J, I... there are probably some more. Let me know if you think of any.

    ReplyDelete

Time in Lists

Every morning I make a list of three things that made me happy the day before. A practice I started when life became crazy - and that was a ...