Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday Snapshots (Crazy Cooking Marathon)

Sunday Cooking Marathon: aka Adam starts his Field Season
Rainy day walk through the neighborhood.
Look Ma: NO FEET!!!!
Today I washed, chopped, cooked and transformed:

5 lbs of Carrots
1 bunch of Kale
1 head of Cabbage
3 Onions
6 potatoes
1 lb of Sprouts
1 lb of Tofu
1 lb frozen Spinach
1 lb frozen Green Beans
3 Cucumbers
2 cups Walnuts
2 cups Raisins 
1 lb Shrimp
1 lb Ground Beef
1 lb Italian Sausage
1/2 bunch of Cilantro
1/2 bunch of Parsley 

into: 

Eggrolls
Enchiladas
Tofu Cucumber Salad
Moroccan Carrot Slaw 
Moroccan Chicken Salad with Green Beans

and tonight's dinner:

Spicy Shrimp with Cucumber Salad, Cilantro and Flat Bread

These dishes, along with a few more ingredients and some other odds and ends, are all of the lunches and dinners that Adam is taking with him on his first BIG planting project of the season.  There is enough for him, for us and a few lunches tucked away for the upcoming weeks.

This cooking madness was fueled by one pot of coffee.  It was possible by the many, many weekends of practice I have had cooking all of the weeks meals on a Sunday with my own mother when I was a girl. Thanks Mom!  I do have to say it was a lot more fun when there were two in the kitchen.  The kids were allowed to skip naps and watch one movie (Thumbelina).  And when I thought I might just go crazy we took a nice long walk though the glistening streets of our neighborhood.  

Adam is still working away in the shop, scrambling to wrap up details on a rather large project.
I have a few little things left on my list to pack: cheese, butter?, half and half and coffee.  Those will wait until morning. 

I think  after all of this I will make a cup of tea, pull out my knitting, watch a movie and wait for my guy to come inside. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Time in Lists

Every morning I make a list of three things that made me happy the day before. A practice I started when life became crazy - and that was a ...