Saturday, January 26, 2013

Still In Progress - Studio Sneak Peek

After many, many more hours of work and a treacherous fall that put me flat on my back with this thing on top of me the clay component of my sculpture is finally built.  





It is slowly drying, covered in plastic and hopefully no cracks develop.  This sculpture will be my first attempt to combine the many hand crafts I enjoy.  I hope to incorporate fibers -  sewed, knitted and crocheted - in the final piece.  (I like this form so much it will be hard to make myself take that next step.)  

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Heidi! I'm glad you have been able to start making ceramic sculptures again-- I remember how much I loved the root tubers you made in Stillwater. You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leigh. Your work had been inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Time in Lists

Every morning I make a list of three things that made me happy the day before. A practice I started when life became crazy - and that was a ...