Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hazelnut Pancakes

Before Christmas I purchased a bag of almond flour and a bag of hazelnut flour for a variety of German Christmas cookies.  In spite of having baked many (too many) batches of Christmas cookies, I still have a partial bag of hazelnut flour sitting on my pantry shelf.  This is a unique pancake recipe I have developed to use up the remainder.  The result is fluffy and moist and both Sylvan and Ivory are guaranteed to ask for seconds.


Hazelnut Pancakes

1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup hazelnut flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon oil
1 egg
1 1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

  • combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir until mixed well
  • add the wet ingredients and stir until well blended
  • ladle onto a skillet or griddle that has been oiled and warmed over medium heat
  • turn when the craters formed in the batter stay open
  • after a minute or two remove from heat and pour on another pancake!
These are best served hot with butter and maple syrup! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes!! I would love these for sure! I don't know if there is even any place around here I could even get hazelnut flour....sigh.
    Mama/Omama

    ReplyDelete

Time in Lists

Every morning I make a list of three things that made me happy the day before. A practice I started when life became crazy - and that was a ...